The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) strictly regulates the transportation of hazardous materials. DOT regulations require you to receive both INITIAL (within 90 days) and RECURRING (minimum of every 3 years) training if you, or your employees:
- Load, unload, or handle hazardous materials
- Design, manufacture, fabricate, inspect, mark, maintain, recondition, repair, or test a package, container or packaging component that is represented, marked, certified, or sold as qualified for use in transporting hazardous materials
- Prepare hazardous materials for transportation
- Are responsible for hazardous materials transportation safety, or
- Operate a vehicle used to transport hazardous materials
- HazmatU will help you fulfill the DOT’s Hazardous Materials Training requirements. It will also keep you up to date with the many changes to these regulations.
Why is HazmatU Critical to Your Dealership?