The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) strictly regulates the transportation of hazardous materials. DOT regulations require you to receive both INITIAL (within 90 days) and RECURRING (minimum of every 3 years) training if you, or your employees:
- Load, unload, or handle hazardous materials
- Design, manufacture, fabricate, inspect, mark, maintain, recondition, repair, or test a package, container or packaging component that is represented, marked, certified, or sold as qualified for use in transporting hazardous materials
- Prepare hazardous materials for transportation
- Are responsible for hazardous materials transportation safety, or
- Operate a vehicle used to transport hazardous materials
- HazmatU will help you fulfill the DOT’s Hazardous Materials Training requirements. It will also keep you up to date with the many changes to these regulations.